Loading... Please wait...

"American Airlines" MD-82 ~ N882RA (White) 

  • Image 1
$69.95
SKU:
DM-JETL048
Brand:
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout
Quantity:


Size:

1:200 Scale

Wingspan: 8.25"

Length: 8.25"


Historical Note:

DRAGON MODELS 1:200 AIRLINE COLLECTION

About the MD-80:            The McDonnell Douglas MD-80 is a family of twin-engine, short- to medium-range, single-aisle commercial jet airliners. The MD-80 series were lengthened and updated from the DC-9. The airliner family can seat from 130 up to 172 passengers depending on variant and seating configuration.

The MD-80 series was introduced into commercial service on October 10, 1980 by Swissair. The series includes the MD-81, MD-82, MD-83, MD-87, and MD-88. These all have the same fuselage length except the shortened MD-87. The MD-80 series was followed into service in modified form by the MD-90 in 1995 and the MD-95/Boeing 717 in 1999.

About American Airlines:           American Airlines, Inc. (AA) is a major U.S. airline owned by AMR Corporation, headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. It operates an extensive international and domestic network, with scheduled flights throughout North America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is the airline's largest hub, with American Airlines and AMR's regional carrier American Eagle accounting for about 85% of the traffic and 83% of the landing fees at the airport and traveling to more destinations than from its other hubs. The airline operates maintenance bases at Tulsa (TUL) and Fort Worth Alliance (AFW); the latter was announced to close by December 2012.

Its name notwithstanding, American Airlines is not a flag carrier, as that term is generally used in commercial aviation. Its subsidiary shares its name with American Eagle, and operates much of the regional carrier's flights; since November 2012, the subsidiaries of SkyWest, Inc., SkyWest Airlines and ExpressJet Airlines, have also operated regional flights as American Eagle. In addition, AmericanConnection is the regional brand for codeshare flights operated by Chautauqua Airlines as of 2011.

In November 2011, AMR Corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Chairman and CEO Gerard Arpey stepped down and was replaced by company president Thomas W. Horton.

In February 2013, American Airlines and US Airways announced plans to merge, which would create the largest airline in the world. The terms of the merger have AMR shareholders owning 72% of the company and US Airways shareholders owning the remaining 28%. The combined airline is to carry the American Airlines name and branding; the new publicly traded holding company will be named American Airlines Group Inc. On August 13, 2013, the merger was placed in doubt by a civil suit filed by the U.S. Justice Department, six state attorneys general, and the District of Columbia over antitrust concerns.

Info:      MD-82 "American Airlines" ~ N882RA (White)


Write your own product review

Product Reviews

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!